Monday, April 8, 2013

Beauty Onscreen: Emma Stone

Those large green eyes and that distinct low pitched voice - Emma Stone has the talent and an endearing screen presence that easily makes her everybody's girl crush.
emma stone my beauty blurbs
Golden Globes 2012
I've first seen her as the witty and opinionated teen Olive Penderghast in Easy A (still my favorite movie of hers) and since then vowed to watch whatever movie she's in. I've seen her in Zombieland, The House Bunny, Crazy, Stupid, Love., The Help (she was still cute despite wearing the most hideous looking wigs I've seen in a movie), Friends with Benefits (a cameo as Justin Timberlake's John Mayer-obsessed girlfriend), The Amazing Spider-man (where she went back to her original blonde roots and had almost everyone wanting her to go back to being a redhead) and The Croods (she lent her voice to the curious Eep Crood). Her next movie is The Amazing Spider-man 2 where she'll be reprising her role as Gwen Stacy and that will be out on May 2014. Hopefully she gets to do more SNL gigs while waiting to see her on the big screen again.
emma stone easy a my beauty blurbs
Easy A (2010)
emma stone gangster squad my beauty blurbs
Gangster Squad (2013)
emma stone zombieland my beauty blurbs
Zombieland (2009)
emma stone the amazing spider-man my beauty blurbs
The Amazing Spider-man (2012)
She's usually fresh faced in movies since she has the best skin and loveliest freckles to show off but on the red carpet, she takes risks on the beauty department. I guess it makes sense for someone who's not afraid to be goofy and funny in front of people to not be afraid of trying out & having fun with different makeup looks as well. Emma often wears her flicked out eyeliner and Just Bitten or ColorBurst lipsticks (she's a Revlon girl after all) but doesn't shy away from bright to smokey and dark colors. Here are  some of my favorite looks of her on the red carpet and her makeup artist, Rachel Goodwin, evidently can do no wrong by her.
emma stone my beauty blurbs
Pink eyeshadow and black liner at the 2012 Oscars
emma stone my beauty blurbs
Bright fuchsia lippy at the 2011 Conde Nast Traveler Annual Hot List Party
emma stone my beauty blurbs
Metallic smokey shadow with a peach lip at the 2012 UK Premiere of The Amazing-Spider-man
emma stone my beauty blurbs
A soft cat eyeliner with a nude lip at the 2010 Trevor LIVE event (might I add, her hair looks like silk here)

emma stone my beauty blurbs
All bronzed up & wearing navy blue liner
emma stone my beauty blurbs
Glossy red lip at the 2011 NYC Crazy, Stupid, Love. Premiere
Do you have any favorite makeup looks of hers & have you tried to recreate any of them? 
What's your favorite Emma Stone movie?


*Images courtesy of Facebook.com/Emma.Stone & Rotten Tomatoes

2 comments:

  1. I just can't turn my eyes off when I see her commercials on Revlon booths. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! I think she's one of the most beautiful women to be featured in any Revlon ad. ;)

      Delete