Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Classic Bold Eyebrows

Thin or thick - what kind of eyebrows do you have?
Audrey Hepburn
marlene dietrich beauty blurbs
Marlene Dietrich in The Blue Angel (1930)
I have a pair of quite sparse eyebrows so I don't know why for the life of me I ever got into over plucking them during my young and naive years. I've now wised up, became less attached with my tweezers and realized that thicker brows are beautiful and always have been. Just look at these beautiful women rocking their wooly brows.
Jennifer Connelly beauty blurbs
Jennifer Connelly
Emilia Clarke beauty blurbs
Khaleesi a.k.a Emilia Clarke
keira knightley beauty blurbs
Keira Knightley
brooke shields beauty blurbs
A young Brooke Shields
lily collins beauty blurbs
Lily Collins
kate middleton beauty blurbs
Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
I think some of us are still living with the notion that overly arched and overly plucked or shaved brows are prettier. Sometimes it is, especially when you're Angelina Jolie. Pluck the stray hairs but stay true to your natural brow shape. Otherwise it  can render you unrecognizable since eyebrows are such a crucial element to facial recognition according to this MIT study. Here's a visual to get my point across.
drew barrymore thin and thick brows
This is just to prove a point, Drew. You're always cute, ok?
And a friendly advice: don't go "tweezer happy". ;)
 

0 blurbs:

Post a Comment